Creating New Custom Cabinets is Easy!
Step 1: Concept
We will set up an initial meeting where you can choose the style of cabinets you love.
Step 2: Design
Our carpenter/installer will take measurements, and formulate a plan to maximize your cabinet space.
Step 3: Install
We will make sure the completed cabinets and installation meets your expectations.
Why Our Cabinet Process is Better:
- Cost savings – We cut out the middleman.
- Rapid turnaround time – Just 4-6 weeks in most cases.
- Upscale design
- High quality cabinetry
- On-time delivery
- High quality countertops
- Accurate measurements
- Professional service
If you are thinking about or planning a kitchen or bath remodel, or maybe having your closet space designed for more organization, the following information will be helpful in refining some of the design considerations for your project. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call White River Construction at 541-647-2558.
- INITIAL MEETING: The first meeting is by appointment at your home and generally takes no more than 1 hour. Together we will review rough drawings, blueprints and magazine photographs collected. If you don’t have drawings, feel free to take rough measurements so we can prepare a rough quote. We will examine wood species, door styles and specifications.
- PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL: After our initial meeting we will put together and send to you a bid estimate, which is an exact price on the initial design presented based on information gathered during the initial meeting. If you are satisfied with the estimate, we move to the Design Phase. There are no charges for our services up to this point.
- AGREEMENT: To begin the design phase, White River Construction requires a signed contract. You will receive a contract for signature before any work on your project would commence.
- SITE VISIT & INCEPTION OF DRAWINGS: At the second meeting, we send a professional cabinetry carpenter/installer out to your home to re-measure the space and verify all final measurements before we initiate any design drawings.
- INITIAL DETAIL DESIGN REVIEW MEETING: At the third meeting, we will prepare floor plans and elevations of the proposed design. You will now see your new space coming alive! During this time we solicit feedback on the design, door styles, wood species, style and functionality of the design. Detailed information gathered during this meeting will be used in order to arrive at the design of your dreams.
- FINAL DESIGN REVIEW AND SIGN OFF: Once the desired design is completed and approved, we will review final layout, selections and any pricing modifications that may be necessary based on your requests. The final layout and elevation drawings, cabinetry specifications and final pricing (if changes were made from initial meeting quote) are reviewed and must be signed off, enabling the cabinetry to begin the Delivery Phase. Any changes or modifications after the final sign-off will require a Change Order detailing the changes requested.
- ORDER PLACEMENT: When you are ready to place your order, a seventy-five percent deposit is required in order to get the custom cabinetry into Build Process.
- BUILD PROCESS: Our Project Manager orders and oversees all phases of the cabinetry build and delivery. You will be kept up to date on the progress through frequent status reports. Lead time for the build process varies greatly between supplies though is generally between 6 and 12 weeks.
- FINAL PAYMENT AND DELIVERY: The Project Manager will coordinate shipping and site delivery. The remaining balance of the cabinetry is due two days prior to the shipment from the selected cabinetry manufacturer. The Project Manager will be on-site (local deliveries only) to ensure all cabinetry arrived as specified, provide installation documentation, and assist with any questions or issues during the cabinetry installation.