Perhaps the most asked for of remodel projects in a home is a kitchen remodel. It’s also a fact that renovating a kitchen will most assuredly increase the value of your home if or when you need to sell. With our in-house professional kitchen remodeling advice in your corner, all of the tough remodeling choices become much clearer and easier for you to understand. The kitchen is the area of the home that brings everyone together. Your kitchen remodeling project should be a fun and exciting time as you see everything come together!
There are dozens of new trends and styles of materials to choose from in today’s market. White River Construction will work with you every step of the way in designing and drafting your kitchen layout, custom cabinet selection, countertops, flooring, colors and finishes. Our number one goal is to build a kitchen that you will be happy with and proud to show off, while working to stay within your budget. We understand the costs associated with a kitchen remodel, we strive to stay on budget and we make every effort to get your project completed in a timely fashion as we know the disruption it can cause and understand the kitchen is the heart of the home! Your kitchen should reflect your lifestyle. Start by thinking about how you use your kitchen and what you need and want on a daily basis.
At White River Construction, we help you design and construct the kitchen of your dreams.
Remodeling a bathroom is one of the most frequent services we’re asked to do. A bathroom can be a focal point when buying or selling, so it’s important to find a contractor who is experienced in both bathroom design and construction—and has the skills and expert craftsmanship to successfully complete the job.
At White River Construction, our remodel professionals are experts in bathroom design and architecture, and we’ll work with you at every stage to adhere to all of your specifications—ensuring a bathroom space that will exceed your expectations on an aesthetic and functional level. Our remodel carpenters install premium faucets, tile flooring, laminate flooring, interior lighting, shower and tub doors, sinks, toilets, and vanities to match the needs of every design vision—no matter the scale or budget. Bathroom remodeling has always been one of the more popular home remodeling projects for homeowners and consistently offers one of the highest returns on your investment out of many other home remodeling projects. It should come as no surprise that many home improvement experts would also agree that remodeling your bathroom offers the homeowner the most return on investment in home value. Some choices to consider with a bathroom remodel:
- Jacuzzi Tub Installations
- Custom Tiled Showers
- Heated Tile Floors
- Custom Bathroom Vanities
- Custom Bathroom Countertops
- New Bathroom Windows or Skylights
- Handicap Safe Bathrooms
- Aging in Place Design
Our Room Additions Will Make Your Home the Perfect Fit
What do you do when your house is too small, or lacks essential rooms such as a family room, an office, or a guest bedroom? You could decide to sell and move to a larger residence, or you could consider adding a new room on to your existing home. Not only are room additions more cost-effective than relocating, they don’t require you to leave your home and the surrounding neighborhood, and they can add significant value and enjoyment to your current property. At White River Construction we understand that room additions don’t simply add square footage – they reconfigure your home to fit your needs and your lifestyle. Our expert room addition contractors and designers will work with you to create a space that adds dimension to your house, but also transforms your home into a perfect fit for your taste, style, and budget. Room additions should flow seamlessly with the original architecture of the home, and not look or feel like an old space and a new space have been sewn together. The lines of the room addition, both structurally and aesthetically, should be impossible to notice. Our room addition contractors at White River Construction are professionally trained to build additions that appear as if they have always been a part of the home, but now provide that extra space for functionality and comfort.
The design, plan, and construction of a room addition can be as complex as building a new home from the ground up. No matter the size or scale of your home addition, White River Construction will provide meticulous craftsmanship while delivering unmatched professional service and attention at every step. We will work efficiently to avoid any disruption or mess to your property, and will maintain a safe, clean, and well-protected job site.
This checklist is helpful for those preparing for the inevitable disruption remodel projects can bring.
- Prior to enjoying the pleasures of your new kitchen, there is the process of the remodeling construction that can bring with it some challenges.
- In a fond farewell to your old kitchen, spend some time in it, cooking. Make family favorites and throw them in the freezer. You’ll thank yourself later.
- In the weeks before the work begins, keep a list of all of those restaurants you’ve been meaning to try. When the microwave gets old, your list will come in handy for a quick escape!
- Pack up the kitchen well before the cabinets arrive. While it’s a great time to spring clean your shelves, don’t forget to label the storage boxes well. This will make the unpacking process a lot easier and a lot more fun!
- Plan to create a temporary kitchen and to relocate a refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee maker for use during construction.
- You may be able to temporarily move everything you need…except the kitchen sink. Consider where your water source will be in relation to your temporary kitchen.
- Arrange an eating area.
- Keep utility utensils nearby such as: can opener, bottle/wine opener, sharp knives and microwavable plates.
- Keep daily use staples available: butter, ketchup, salt and pepper, spices.
- Tell the kids you’re picnicking…use paper plates, napkins and disposable silverware.
- Remember cleaning supplies and dishtowels.
- Don’t forget about Fido & Kitty! If there isn’t an area in your home to keep them safely away from construction – especially during certain phases – it may be a perfect time to treat your pet to a vacation with family or a play date at a friend’s home.
- Decide on where you’d like the installers to store their tools. Make sure it is in a locked area.
- Dust…there’s just no way to avoid it. If there is a fish tank or electrical equipment in close proximity to the work, remember to keep them well covered.
- Before the cabinets arrive, prepare a safe enclosed area for the cabinets and appliances to be delivered to. Usually a garage is a good location.